Friday, 20 May 2016

We're all poets, and we know it!

This week we have looked at all sorts of different poetry, and then written some of our own!

What do you think?


Limericks


There was a young man called Jake,
His favourite thing to eat was a flake.
He went to the river,
The river made him shiver.
The he said "Now I'll stick to cake!"

By Raffy

There was a young man called Jake,
Who every day baked a cake.
He jumped in joy,
like when he was a boy,
that interesting man, named Jake.

By Magnus

There was a young man named Jake,
He tried to bake a cake.
So he tried and tried,
then he said goodbye.
Instead he bought a flake!

By Wills

There was a young man called Jake,
who started baking a cake.
He burnt his nose,
and the end of his toes,
That poor man Jake!

By Bunty



Riddles

I am orange and black.
I live in jungles and mainly forests.
I move slowly and cautiously.
I dislike hunters.
What am I?

By Jasmine

I move extremely quickly,
I don't like crowds.
I live in rivers.
I have a duck beak and beaver tail.
What am I?

By Oli

I have dark black stripes.
I move carefully through the wood.
I like meat.
I have 4 feet.
Don't come near me or I might bite!
What am I?

By Archie

I have black spots and am white. 
I am quick and stealthy.
I live in snowy mountains.
I hate poachers and love meat.
What am I?

By Oscar

No comments:

Post a Comment